Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Foam Rolling and Stretching

Hey FB Fam!

Today’s release is for the next time you have sore or tight muscles that need some love: Total Body Foam Rolling and Stretching

We combine self-myofascial release using a foam roller with static stretching. Why the combo? It’s actually one of my favorite pairings! This is because foam rolling works to mobilize the muscle tissue and send blood and oxygen to that area, while static stretching works to lengthen the muscle. When we foam roll first our stretches become even more beneficial because the muscle is already warm.

Let’s talk about how this routine works. You’ll see that it’s 33 minutes total but I've split it into two segments (upper and lower body) so you can complete just one part or both, depending on what you need. For each segment, we’ll begin with 10 minutes of foam rolling in various positions, followed by 6 minutes of static stretching. Check the write-up for starting points of each segment.

Foam rolling is quickly beginning to be something I practice daily, even if just for a couple of minutes. I think it’s worth mentioning that it doesn’t have to be a full foam rolling session or video to get the amazing benefits from it! 

This video is nice little treat to your body for working so hard for you, day in and day out.

Enjoy!
Nicole