HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group March 2nd πŸ’

Hi everyone.

Daffodils in the picture! πŸ’

β€œDon’t waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world.” β€” Meryl Streep

I thought I'd pick one of my longstanding worries to write about today, which is aging. I have of fear of aging, looking different, my body changing… I know it's inevitable but this has been something I struggle with for many years. This has exacerbated (had to google how to spell that one!) since hitting my 30s. But even in my late teens it worried me. FOMO plays a big part here too. I am (not kidding) always worrying about the months passing by, meaning I will be closer to my next birthday. I had to put "The picture of Dorian Gray" aside because the book depressed me too much - all the quotes about youth gave me major FOMO! 😱

Can you relate to this or do you think it's silly? I mean, I know not everyone gets the opportunity to grow older, and I've been through "stuff", so I know worrying about change might seem shallow. Yet, I can't make peace with it.

To move on to the main subject: what are you doing today? What's happening in your life?

After getting in a good amount of steps yesterday, I hope to do a strength workout today. "Hope", because yesterday's city-induced sensory overload might mean a tough workout might not be a great idea today. I'll see what happens. Maybe I'll pick two options so I have a back-up in case the first one doesn't work out (pun intended).

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it makes you feel better. Please share whatever you like in the comments below. 🌼