Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight Core and Cardio with Burnout Rounds

Good morning FB Family!

If you’re in between intense workout efforts, today’s workout release could be a good lower intensity active recovery option for you:

Bodyweight Core and Cardio with Burnout Rounds

The core is the main focus of this routine but there are sprinkles of low/moderate intensity cardio to give your heartrate a little spike. We move from standing core exercises to prone position (plank) and supine moves (face up) to allow the body to adjust to differing energy demands based on body positioning. Aim for a slow and controlled cadence during each core and burnout round exercise. Tune in to which muscles are helping you maintain balance, proper form, and fluid movement to improve mind-muscle awareness.

I filmed this workout at the end of an intense training week. I enjoyed moving at a slower cadence and lower intensity than my usual training sessions and have been trying to include more of these active recovery type routines in my schedule. Do you make a concerted effort to include restorative movement in your training regimen as well? Always remember that a recovery/restorative workout is relative to the exerciser. If this workout is not an active recovery for you, no problem. Vary your workout intensities in a way that reflects your current capabilities and preferences.

I hope you enjoy this relatively short routine! Let us know how you choose to fit it into your training cycle.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha