Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Quick Bodyweight EMOM

Good morning FB Family!

Don’t let the bodyweight-only format of this workout fool you! This every minute on the minute (EMOM) routine is a challenging feat if you commit to pushing yourself all the way to the end when the last buzzer rings:

Quick Bodyweight EMOM

Make sure to review the write-up before you press play to familiarize yourself with the exercises in each of the two three-exercise circuits that comprise the 10-minute EMOM. You will alternate circuits during each minute of the EMOM, aiming to complete an increasing number of reps per exercise with each subsequent round. Remember, the faster you complete your reps and exercises within a minute’s time, the more time you have available to rest before the next minute begins! The increasing goal reps combined with the exercise selection will challenge you to maintain a consistently high effort across each working interval for a high intensity interval training (HIIT) effect.

The ending goal reps for each exercise is eight but aim for whatever goal challenges you the most (whether that goal is higher or lower than eight reps). Don’t be afraid to go for it! I challenged myself to complete 10 reps during the last two minutes of the EMOM and didn’t make it to 10 during Circuit A. No worries! I pushed myself and received great feedback on how to pace myself for future attempts at the EMOM. And most importantly, I enjoyed myself and felt triumphant at the end of the workout!

I love short but brutal routines such as this one on days when I don’t have a ton of time to train but still want a total body burner. Would you all be interested in more workouts like this? Quick and dirty? Fun and spicy?

Let us know how this workout goes for you! Did you up the ante on the goal reps?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha