Mobility March 🧘🏿‍♀️🌬🍃

I realized today how much I missed doing community challenges and the fun seasonal accountability threads that popped up during the pandemic.

I am getting bored doing my PT exercises on my own and wanted to check in somewhere else besides Instagram which has been causing me a ton of anxiety of late. To that end, I decided to start my own thread here. It might just be for this month; I'm not sure yet so we'll see how this one goes. I won't be creating multiple threads, just this one and will try to pop in at least once a week to share what I've done. Anyone is more than welcome to join in or just drop by to say hello 😊

GOALS

I like to break the year up into quarters and focus on goals for that block of time, breaking things down further for each month. I do want to lose weight to reduce the pressure on my knees and strain on my IT band, but solely focusing on weight loss tends to stress me out, so I am shifting my focus to my behavior. For the next few months, I am focusing on my habits -- eating more balanced meals more regularly (to curb binges), getting more sleep, and very importantly, improving my mobility by strengthening my core, hips and glutes. I haven't yet been cleared by my PT to do any weight-bearing exercises, so I will be sticking with Pilates, flexibility and mobility work here and will modify as needed.

That's it! I want to get started early, so I'll share what I did today in the comments below.

Have a great day everyone!

Edited