Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New 5-Day Challenge - Trainer Series: Tone With Erica

Good morning Fitness Blender family! Today is a special day as I help kick off a brand-new 5-Day Challenge: Tone With Erica. This challenge is part of Fitness Blender’s new “Trainer Series” format, where you’ll follow one trainer’s workouts throughout the week. I’m excited to lead the first Trainer Series challenge!

Tone With Erica: Strength and Cardio to Reignite Your Motivation

This challenge will be great for those who want to improve their full-body strength and endurance and reignite motivation for a consistent exercise routine. But that’s not all! In addition to the workouts, you’ll see in the daily descriptions an opportunity to take on an additional challenge each day to reset and encourage your healthy lifestyle as a whole. This challenge goes full circle to ensure you’re caring for your body in its many dynamics. When we aim to improve all parts of our health and well-being, we can truly flourish in life! 

For our first workout of the challenge, I wanted us to start strong with a workout that was both motivating and mentally stimulating. Getting this workout complete will provide great momentum for the entire challenge to come! We will be doing a lower body pyramid-style workout with a short isometrics burnout at the end to really seal the deal :) 

The workout itself will consist of 8 strength training exercises that will be completed 3x. The first round will be the longest interval at 60 seconds active / 20 seconds rest, using your lightest weights. As we head into the 2nd and 3rd rounds, the interval time will get shorter but it’s the goal for the weights to get heavier! I encourage you to have 3 sets of medium to heavy weights so you can work with the pyramid and challenge yourself as you go. You could even make it work with 2 sets of weights. To round it out, the isometrics burnout will be bodyweight only. For this entire challenge, your warm-ups and cool-downs will be included and I will be sharing modifications along the way. 

Who’s ready to tackle Day 1 with me?? I’m so psyched to take you with me on this 5-Day Challenge journey! 

xxErica