Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Pilates Core Circuits with Glute Bridge Intermissions

Good morning FB Family!

I haven’t taught a Pilates class in ages so today’s workout release was a lot of fun for me to plan and film:  

Pilates Core Circuits with Glute Bridge Intermissions

Note that this is a Pilates-inspired routine so the flow of movement might be a little different than your traditional Pilates workouts. We move through three four-exercise Pilates core-focused circuits alternated with three glute intermissions (each comprised of two bridge variations). Focus on matching your breath with your movement and use the unilateral exercises (single-limb) to note differences in strength and/or range of motion between your sides. The circuits and exercises increase with intensity as the workout progresses.

Believe it or not, I taught Pilates classes for a few years at the start of my fitness career. These were sometimes my most challenging classes, because I was also teaching a bunch of high intensity boot camp classes and was accustomed to bouncing around all over the studio. Calmness, centering, and being present are sometimes a struggle for me, but I do truly enjoy practicing a less “full throttle” state of being and see the many benefits of slowing down from time to time.

Make sure to review the write-up for a few tips on form and workout focus. I hope you enjoy this routine! Let us know what you think in the comment section below. Would you be interested in other Pilates-inspired routines?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha