First full half an hour strength training in a while and with my daughter, too

After a week of short-ish early morning workouts (between 10 and 20 minutes while my children get themselves ready for school - I'm something like their personal snooze button so why not make the best of that time?), I finished my first proper strength training in ages. Half an hour, bored easily format, and with my daughter, too. She's 13 now.

After our warmup she said: "I have so many good feelings right now, mum, so many memories from back when you used to work out when we were little. Remember when I would roll out my mat and lie down next to you on my pillow?"

I used to work out in the evenings and when she couldn't go to sleep she would join me and watch.

We sometimes worked out together, too (most often the red light/green light game with Kelli, Alexis and Mackenzie) and only today I realised that all of this has become an integral part of her memories/biography.

If that isn't motivation for me to establish a proper workout routine again, I don't know 💙 I'll never be who I used to be, we can only live our lives forward, not backwards. But I'll work on normalising taking care of my physical health again.