Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New! Guided Mindfulness Meditation to Slow Down

So many people in my life talk about how busy they are. I know part of it is that folks actually are busy and want to commiserate in case others feel the same way. However, there is also another part that seems like busyness is an immense source of pride for people. It’s as if their worth as a human is tied to how busy they are. 

I get it — in the US at least, hard work and personal sacrifice are not only valued, but rewarded. As a Psychologist, I can’t help but reflect on how this mindset and difficulties with slowing down impact our health (holistic health) in a critical way. I know that finding and making the time to slow down and/or pause is crucial for maintaining ongoing mental health.

Guided Mindfulness Meditation to Slow Down

So, I developed this guided meditation to allow folks to take a moment out of their day to be intentional about slowing down. Even just for a minute, slowing down can have benefits. However, I hope that it gets folks thinking about other ways they can slow down or press pause on some responsibilities and take time to truly revel in not overworking ourselves. 

Give this one a try and let me know how often you are able to slow down your life in the comments below!