A

FB Strong Round 3 Review and Goal Update

Hello! This was the first time that I ended up taking longer on a program - it took me 7 weeks to complete the program, mainly due to illnesses around me. I missed both COVID and the flu, but I did get "sympathy sick", which was mainly feeling tired.

I joined a remote role from a busy consulting one a few months ago. Now I have much more work to do and far more meetings, so I think my exhaustion was from all the changes from that. My prior role was insanely toxic and I stress ate a ton.

Not sure if it's due to quitting the job, but now I don't stress eat and have gotten pretty bad at eating at the right time due to so many meetings. I've also been losing weight pretty fast, but that's also with tracking food intake since I can forget to eat unless I do. I had this limitless need for caffeine and sweets for over a year at my old role, and now I don't have those anymore.

I wanted to start meditating, cooking, and less eating out. I only order on the weekend, and it's usually just keto meals for the rest of the week. I also ordered a burger and bubble tea, and those have been hard to give up. I could probably make either of those at home, but it definitely takes more time to do that. I've been making breakfast every day, which has been a good start. And less caffeine.

Anyway, here's the actual review for the program! Overall, I really enjoyed the program! I'd like to re-do it and do the workouts that I didn't do. I enjoyed the total body week the most - I love 50+ minute total body workouts, then core days in between.

Something I noticed is that I chose longer lower body workout choices, but shorter upper body and core workouts. I also realized that cardio is something to work on. The workouts were all new, and I enjoyed how there was an option to have a workout with every trainer! Even the shorter workouts packed a major punch.

On days where you choose a longer workout length, there will also be an extra credit, and I was often not able to do the ECs. There were meditation and mobility ECs, and so I ended up skipping all the meditation ones and a few of the mobility ECs. I liked that the recovery day had many more options, including yoga!

If you choose the longer workout days, it's like FB Fit, but with newer workouts. For the shorter workouts, it's similar to FB 30 day. A lot of the longer workouts were in the "Bored Easily Format". There were also rep based one/repeats, and I surprisingly liked that format. There were excellent workouts from Brian and Daniel that were like that.

I did read all the articles, and really enjoyed them. I've been reading an article once a day, and i'll continue to do that.

I started FB Jumpstart, and it's been great to have shorter workouts. And hopefully I can start making lunch (should be as easy as literally buying vegetables, bread, cheese, and meat to make a sandwich). I'm not sure why I make cooking to be harder than it actually is.

Thanks for reading to the end! At some point, I'll take measurements again. I noticed a significant decrease in my waist, chest, and upper arms from a visual perspective over the past 1.5 months.