It's been way too long ... Hiatus and new furry trainer

Hi everyone ...

Oh, this feels weird. I used to write more often and I used to work out ever so regularly. Then Covid hit and I found myself stuck at home, trying to juggle homeschooling and freelancing and somehow no time for myself. All routine was centred around work and school and ... renovating our newly bought house. So I did some strength training in 2020 😉 but hardly any formal workouts.

2021 was a bit better. After our old dog had died in 2019 our longing for a new furry friend got stronger and stronger. So after a lot of talking and thinking Fido moved in (I know it's not the most original name but the family loved it so Fido it was.)

This reduced my formal workouts to a minimum again - a lot of very static walkies ensued. He was nine weeks old when he moved in and we took things in our own speed (which was slooow). We started training immediately and have kept going ever since. 🙂

2022 was exciting and, in part, painful (I had dental problems and an accident while riding my bike) so working out was pushed to the backburner again but we did a lot of walking and I tried to stay fit.

One of my biggest challenges is the fact that I suffer from a kind of fatigue; i usually feel kind of drained in the evenings and they used to be my favourite time for workouts.

Which makes it ever so complicated because I need to get my work done in the mornings 😔

I've been trying to integrate some stretching and gentle cardio in the mornings and I've been able to go from level 1 to level 3 workouts and to go from 5 minutes to 20 (using dog walks to warm up or doing warm up routines as stand-alone workouts).

I just wanted to check in to say that I'm still here although I've become so quiet. Life is stressful but coming back to workouts with Kelli and Daniel feels almost therapeutical and discovering new ones with new trainers is challenging in a good way.

I'm glad Fitnessblender has a sustainable perspective with many shoulders to share the weight!

Anja

Edited