Perspiration Pals 15 February 2023

Hello Pals! I’ve been quite busy this morning and I’ve just realised that I haven’t started the thread yet. How are you? I’d like to say I’m fine but I’d have to be completely pain-free for at least a day, I suppose. My shoulder is giving me grief again (the left one seemed to have healed, though) and there are other issues but I’d better stop whining because I have to get back to work soon.

Anyway, I decided to free-style a bit before I start Strong 3 next week so this morning I did a Tasha routine (EMOM) so my body was on fire by the time I got to my favourite part: the cool down. Speaking of body temperature, I found some interesting facts for you. Did you know that smoking can increase the body temperature? When the cigarette smoke that we inhale goes to the lungs, the body temperature maintenance function by the lungs cannot be carried out adequately, and thus the body temperature rises. So don’t smoke, Pals, but this is not the only reason why you shouldn’t, of course. Also, did you know that telling a lie can cause your temperature to change? Although if you want to get warmer eating spicy food might help. It may raise your body temperature — and your metabolism. (Or just do some HIIT with our lovely trainers…)

I wanted to check what we should celebrate today and the first thing I saw was that it’s Canada’s Agriculture Day. So dear Canadian Pals, celebrate your agriculture. I might pop in later for some maple syrup.

Have an easy day, everybody!