Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Barre-Style Cardio Toning

What is up Fitness Blender family, I’ve got a new workout for you today!

Barre-Style Cardio Toning: Low-Impact Total Body Circuits

For anyone who isn’t familiar with or may need a refresher, barre training originates from ballet but has developed into a modern form of exercise that’s become a hybrid of many other training types like pilates, yoga, dance, and even light strength training.

Our workout today will focus on total body toning exercises that will also test your cardiovascular system. If you enjoy other workouts here at Fitness Blender that combines toning and cardio then you ought to give this one a try! No prior barre experience is required.

For the workout itself, we will go through 2 cardio toning circuits and then end with a core finisher. There will be 2 water breaks throughout so you can catch your breath and recenter. I think the warm-up will be really helpful because many of those exercises involve a preview of what’s to come with the exercises in the workout. There will be a cool down at the end and modifications will be shown throughout the routine! 

A few things to note:

• I will be using a light pair of hand weights for most of the exercises (3 lbs) but weights are not required! It might be helpful to do the first round of each circuit before deciding if adding some extra weight would be appropriate for you. If you don’t have really light hand weights like me, you could also grab some household items like filled water bottles, canned goods, or shampoo and conditioner bottles. 
  • Due to barre training focusing greatly on posture, you’ll notice that these exercises can be nuanced and have many steps to them. Feel free to omit any part of the movement that’s making it too difficult to sustain. 
  • I highly encourage you to read the write-up beneath the workout to learn more about the benefits of barre and if this training style is for you. Although, I am confident it will be a fit for the vast majority of you! 

Also, be sure to check out the Fitness Blender Instagram page to hear my personal story of being introduced to barre! 

I can’t wait to hear more about how it goes for you. 

P.S. - Barre is not just for women… Men, I hope I get to have you sweating it out with me in the workout, too! 

xxErica