Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Strength Complex: Human Maker

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s level 5 workout release is a guaranteed sweat fest! If you’re a big fan of stringing together strength exercises that feel like cardio and throwing a couple of Tabatas into the mix, then you will enjoy this super challenging (but fun) workout:

Total Body Strength Complex: Human Maker

The human maker complex is comprised of squat thrusts, push-ups, renegade rows, cleans, and thrusters. In this routine, you will ladder up and ladder down the complex, adding and then eventually removing a rep from each of these five exercises during a three-minute work interval. There are two weighted Tabatas between the ladder circuits, increasing the overall difficulty of the workout and challenging you to maintain a high level of performance through your fatigue. The hollow man hold finisher circuit is the perfect ending to a workout that already requires a high degree of core engagement.

Make sure to read the write-up to review the format and exercises before pressing play! Although this is a level 5 workout, you can make adjustments to decrease the overall intensity: lower your weight selections, decrease range of motion, slow your cadence, and take several breaks. Also, test out your dumbbells and workout surface to make sure that you can safely hold onto your weights during the complex without them slipping and sliding!

This was absolutely one of my favorite workouts to film! I recommend paying close attention to your hydration before, during, and after the workout — I was sweating streams, rivers, and oceans. I almost temporarily abandoned cool-down to grab my water bottle.

I hope you enjoy this challenging routine! Let us know how it goes for you in the comment section below. Any interest in more complex-style workouts?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha