Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Stress from hard workouts

Hey guys! I'm jumping back into exercise this week and it's feeling so good! I didn't realize how much I missed working out. I am more focused now on my range of motion and feeling strong, rather than trying to look a certain way. It has helped me so much to just accept where I am at any given time, instead of using exercise to try to "correct" my body. This mindset has taken so much pressure and judgement off of my shoulders and I feel so much better mentally.

I also used to think that my workout didn't *really* count unless I was doing HIIT or lifting super heavy, but now I'm satisfied to challenge myself in less extreme ways. I have decided not to schedule overly hard workouts that push me beyond what my body should be doing. While physically I could complete the routine, I just noticed that my body feels SO stressed out afterwards and recovery is really hard. I didn't realize how much stress it caused my body, until I started completing workouts that actually made me feel GOOD. I started to think wow, this is how it should feel when I'm challenging myself within my limits. I still get sore of course, but I never feel like I need to sit down for a few minutes afterward like I used to.

Can anyone relate to this?