Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout! Bored Easily HIIT with Athletic Drills

Good morning FB Family!

Get your heart pumping and feel even more like the athlete that you already are with this high intensity interval training routine:

Bored Easily HIIT with Athletic Drills

A sequel to the sweaty Quick Bored Easily Bodyweight HIIT with Athletic Drills, you will work your way through drill-inspired pairs of exercises in this short but spicy routine. There are four pairs of exercises in each of the two circuits (and no repeats). Focus on a moderate, submaximal intensity for the first exercise in each pair (30 seconds) and up the intensity to full throttle for the second exercise (15 seconds). There’s no break between the moves in each pair — get your head in the game for a strong 45–second effort that will test your speed, stamina, and agility.

The one minute finisher is an all-out, high intensity effort. There are four exercises in this last circuit; however, the interval of work for each move is only 15 seconds. This is your chance to try out the hardest progression (for you) of each exercise! Feel free to repeat extra rounds of the finisher for some bonus cardio work. The workout is short enough that additional rounds of the finisher will still bring you in under 30 minutes for total duration.

The benefits of HIIT training are numerous, but the most important one for me is the superhero feeling I’m left with at the end of the workout. Additionally, workouts that require agility, coordination, and speed are like a power up for the brain (think any video game character that grows and increases in strength from consuming a certain food…do you know who I’m talking about?). This combination of skills improves the mind-muscle connection, improving your spatial awareness of your movement patterns. And then you strut around the rest of the day feeling like a superhero. Just me? Can’t be.

Have fun and don’t be afraid of looking silly! The sillier you look, the better the workout. This is just a fact.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha