Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Legs and Glutes Strength and Endurance

Hey hey everybody! Coming at you today with a new workout release for the lower body! 

Legs and Glutes Strength and Endurance

This workout combines leg strength, glute endurance, and balance & coordination all into one. The workout is split into 2 parts: a leg strength circuit with dumbbells and an extended glute burnout with an exercise band. The leg strength circuit will be repeated twice at an interval of 40 seconds active and 20 seconds rest and the extended glute burnout exercises will be 60 seconds active and 15 seconds rest. There will be 2 water breaks throughout and your warm up and cool down are included. For equipment, I recommended some medium and heavy weights (I’ll be using 10-24 lbs), an exercise band and a mat. 

While our legs are warm and fresh, we will use weights for the leg strength circuit, focusing on both double and single leg exercises. This is where the balance and coordination come into play! Remember to move slowly and controlled, using that first round to get comfortable with the exercises and then the second round to really settle in. We do a fun and challenging exercise called a shrimp squat, I’m excited for you to give it a try :) It’s similar to a pistol squat but has your weight distributed slightly differently. I love pistol squats so this exercise has recently piqued my interest. In the workout, I myself chose to do this exercise without any weights because it’s plenty taxing all on its own! No worries though, there will be plenty of reminders to take advantage of modifications throughout as needed. 

I included an extended glute burnout because I love giving the booty one last satisfying burn before crossing the finish line. Whether you choose to use an exercise band like me or not, your backside will be feeling complete by the end! 

Are you due for a lower body day? I know you’re capable of giving this workout a whirl - with all the dynamic fun challenge that comes with it! 

See you in the workout,

xxErica