Scared of weight gain during pregnancy 😔

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a bit of a weird challenge right now.

I'm currently pregnant with my first child, at the end of the first trimester (yay!), and very grateful and happy about this.

The thing is, when I was a teenager I had anorexia for a few years. I've been to therapy, and after many years of suffering I finally managed to have a good relationship with my body (also thanks to FB and this community!!) and found a good balance of intuitive eating, as well as regular exercise that I enjoy.

Now that I'm pregnant, however, I feel a lot of the old thoughts creeping up on me. I'm not dieting, and I know that weight gain in this time is normal and necessary, but I'm really obsessing about healthy food and moving enough.

(I wasn't allowed to exercise at the beginning due to a minor complication and am now easing back into it with very light workouts)

I haven't weighed myself in over ten years, and the fact that I have to be weighed every few weeks now totally freaks me out at times.

I have this massive irrational fear of being told by the doctor that I'm gaining too much, or being diagnosed with gestational diabetes later on and stuff like that.

I just wish I could be more relaxed about it, since I know that I don't even gain weight that quickly normally.

Has anyone experienced something similar, and do you have any ideas for me how I can maintain a positive body image in the months to come?

Thanks...

Edited