HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 4th

Good Saturday morning Blenders! It is currently -29°C/-20°F here, but with the windchill factor, it feels like -42°C/-44°F 🥶I always say that it’s REALLY cold when the number is lower in Fahrenheit than Celsius.

We are all bundled up on the sofa with blankets, Loki included. We’ll enjoy a relaxing and quiet Saturday morning. Thankfully, it’s warm enough inside that we don’t actually need blankets, but I am perpetually cold and it’s just nice to cuddle 😉

I was hoping that we could stay inside and warm all day today, but Loki does need to go out (very briefly) and we need a few things at the grocery store as well. We’ll wait and hope it’s not as cold later this morning.

So I have enjoyed a second successful week with our challenge at work and am still in first place. Today I will complete a guided meditation, my now-daily stretching workout, and will try an on-demand zumba/dance class. I figured if I can’t always follow along to the moves, I’ll just move any way that I like.

The fact that I am working so hard at winning this challenge tells me that I seemingly need something « external » to keep me motivated. But I don’t need outside motivation to keep up with many of the habits that I have maintained, like healthy eating, and there won’t always be challenges at work, so I will need to work on my mindset for long-term fitness.

What keeps you motivated to work out? Or are you the type of person who doesn’t rely on motivation, but simply gets it done, because consistency is an integral part of your life and who you are? I heard someone say yesterday that we’re not always motivated to go to work every day, but we do it anyway, so we could apply the same thinking to exercising. Food for thought.

Speaking of food, what’s cooking today? We’ll be having vegetarian tacos tonight, and I will try to make a tomato pizza for lunch. We’ve kept the apartment warm enough that I’m sure the dough won’t have trouble rising. And will this be an active day for you, or a rest day, or somewhere in between? I hope you get to enjoy a wonderful day! 🙂