Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Upper Body Giant Sets For Strength and Endurance

Hello hello FB fam! I’m excited to let you know about a new workout that went live today!

Upper Body Giant Sets 

What are giant sets and why should you incorporate them into your training routine? Giant sets involve doing 4 or more exercises back-to-back with little to no rest in between. As you can imagine, this is a very efficient way to train when you’re low on time and it’s notorious for developing greater muscle strength and endurance... Uh, sign me up!!

In this workout we’re focused on strength training for the muscles of the upper body: triceps, biceps, chest, back, and shoulders. I’ll be taking you through 5 circuits designated to each muscle group. Each circuit will contain 4 exercises that we will do back to back for 30 seconds each, followed by a 45 second rest. Each of these 5 circuits will be completed 2x. There is a final circuit of 4 exercises at the end but we will only do it 1x, It consists of combination exercises from the muscles we worked prior. Your warm up and cool down are included and I share a few modifications along the way. Although, your main modification is to lift lighter weights. 

I remember the first time I tried a strength-based giant sets workout I fell in love! If you’re more experienced or advanced when it comes to strength training, I know you’ll love the next-level challenge and results from this training style.

And hey, if you’re someone who dabbles in strength training here and there and maybe wouldn’t consider yourself to be “advanced”, that’s okay! In the write up below the workout, I’ve shared some tips to make this workout go from a level 4 to a level 3. Anyone who enjoys weight training can feel comfortable approaching this workout, there are always variables we can adjust to meet you where you’re at! 

I hope you’re able to be brave and push your mind and body to new heights on this one, I look forward to reading your thoughts in the comments! 

P.S. - It’s days like today when it’s extra special to be inside sweating it out with a home workout. At the time of writing this, it’s a frigid -12 degrees outside here in Wisconsin. It’s safe to say I’m over the winter cold snaps and ready for spring already! 

xxErica