Recovery updates!

It's been a while since I have done a proper update on my stroke recovery. I'm currently only going to physical therapy. No more rehab clinic. Once a week, which I like cause all those appointments were exhausting. I did have an intake conversation with a job coach in January. It was arranged by the insurance of the hospital that I'm suing for malpractice. They are paying for it. It was a good conversation. She is going to research a couple of things to see if the job I would like is possible and realistic for me. I want to be a bewegingsagoog. I have no idea if there's an English word for it, but basically it's a certified personal trainer in recovery Healthcare. I want to work with stroke survivors. I could even apply for a job with fitnessblender with those credentials haha. Imagine that. I would first have to do the whole education for it. And I'm not sure the neuro fatigue will allow for this. I also received word from my lawyer. Basically the opposing party had an expert review the case and draw conclusions on whether or not there was malpractice. They basically admitted that they should have done more the first time I was in the ER but they also said that considering the data and symptoms (severe headache and I had been vomiting for 5 days straight, and my platelets were dangerously low), a diagnosis of hyperventilation was fitting. It was the dumbest report I had ever read. They said that even if they had done a scan, they wouldn't have found anything because at that time I had no paralysis or stroke signs yet. Now my lawyer got a report from his expert who basically laughed at this report. Vomiting and headache are warning signs of a stroke so now I have to wait for a third independent expert to review everything and make a final conclusion. Patience is a virtue?

I am also happy to report that I'm trying something new to get my fingers to stretch. I have been stretching my thumb individually 5 sets of 30 seconds 3 times per day and I can stretch my thumb pretty well now, so I'm trying the same for the rest of my fingers. I am incredibly hopeful this will work. It will take a minimum of 3 months doing it consistently before I'll see results but signs point to a positive result. For about a minute after doing 5 sets on 1 finger I can stretch it completely. So I think it will work. Bit scared it will be false hope but still staying consistent with it.

Last update: I achieved my first 2023 goal! I can do 10 full push-ups (using a barbell to grab, cause left hand doesn't go flat). Very happy with this. On to the next goal! I think that was more or less everything that happened or his happening regarding my recovery. As always thanks for reading and thanks for all your support. It's greatly appreciated 💚💚💚 happy Thursday workout complete Blenders 💪🏻

Edited