Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Post-Run Core Circuits with Extended Cool-Down

Good morning FB Family!

Roll through two quick core circuits and finish with a long 15-minute post-workout stretch session in today’s workout release:

Post-Run Core Circuits with Extended Cool-Down

The level 4 rating for this routine is for the core exercises, not the cool-down stretches; therefore, if you want to skip ahead to the cool-down, please feel free to do so. The stretches are around a level 1 intensity. As always, make sure to pay close attention to your posture and pelvic tuck during all core exercises. Moving from a stable, aligned base will reduce your chances of injury and improve the efficiency of each exercise. For the cool-down, focus on calming both your body and mind, tuning into which muscles are lengthening with each stretch and how changes in body position affect your breath.

Although a great complementary add-on to a run, no run is necessary to enjoy this routine! I had a strenuous run the day before filming this routine and loved the opportunity to stretch for a way longer time than my normal cool-down routine. I try to extend my cool-down to at least 10 minutes once or twice a week, but sometimes I forget, get distracted, or get wrapped up in my busy schedule. The physical benefits of this longer stretch are numerous (improved recovery, less soreness, improved performance for future workouts, etc.), but the mental effects are much more important to me than the physical. The extended cool-down is a mental reset for me so that I can refocus my efforts and goals with a fresh mindset.

Let us know if you enjoyed this format! I’m definitely open to creating more routines like this. Does anyone else have an extended cool-down routine of their own?

Looking forward to reading your comments. See you on the screen!

-Tasha