Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Standing Cardio Abs

Hello, hello! I’ve got a fun and unique workout for you all today!

Standing Cardio Abs Workout

Indecisive between doing an abs workout or a total body cardio workout? Let’s combine them! Without having to lay down on the floor or do any “traditional” abs exercises, you’re going to be feeling the burn in that tummy! Not only will this 30 minute workout give you the opportunity to focus on your midsection, but you’ll also be testing your endurance at the same time. 

We will be going through one group of exercises twice at an interval of 45 seconds active and 10 seconds rest. There will be a 30 second water break between rounds. There is no equipment required and all the exercises are low impact; I’ve even shared some additional modifications where possible. You’ll notice that there’s no separate warm up because the intensity goes from low to high as we travel through the exercises. There will be a cool down at the end. 

I encourage you to read the write up below the workout as I’ve shared variables you can adjust to make the difficulty anywhere from a level 2 to a level 5. No matter how your body is feeling when you do the workout, you can meet it where it’s at :) I love that each time I do this workout, I can achieve a whole different experience. 

This particular workout is also a fantastic time to practice your mind-to-muscle connection. It’s the difference between simply going through the motions (okay, we’ve all been there!) and consciously thinking about the muscles that are working and controlling your pace to maintain those contractions. Quality over quantity and visualizing those core muscles will make all the difference in your results and experience of this routine! 

No matter where your life takes you this week, this workout can go with you! I hope you take time to care for your body this week. I can’t wait to see you in the workout! 

xxErica