Perspiration Pals 1 February 2023

Hello Pals! I didn’t start the thread early (or earlier) in the morning because I was in a rush and now I’m at work and tasks find me like a hungry mosquito who noticed a group of sweaty hikers wearing only tank tops and shorts. Anyway, let’s get down to business.

I did Day 24 of the Bodyweight program doing a routine that required dumbbells, which is funny, but since I started doing weight training again yesterday and my shoulder(s) didn’t object I thought I could do it and I wasn’t wrong. So far so good. I wanted to substitute the routine, which I’ve done several times before, but I forgot to schedule the Brian routine and didn’t want to waste time at 5 a.m. That’s a story for you in case you can’t fall asleep tonight.

From time to time I click on random YouTube videos and that’s how I found one in which two guys (most probably physical therapists) were talking about exercises that we, the viewers, should avoid because they might cause injuries. They listed at least 4 exercises we regularly do (e.g. burpees… leg raises…) but they didn’t other options or why these exercises might cause injuries. They said, doing leg raises is bad for your lower back because it arches when you lift your legs. NO. That’s what it does when your form is bad. Have you ever found a video about exercise that you’ve found annoying for some reason?

As you might have noticed I’m not exactly the master of memes so instead of trying to find one that has got absolutely nothing to do with today’s topic, here’s a picture of my plant Zaphod about 1 month ago versus now.