Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Quick Bodyweight HIIT Circuit with Burnout Finisher

Good morning FB Family!

Looking for an under 30-minute challenging routine? No equipment required? We got you covered with today’s workout release:

Quick Bodyweight HIIT Circuit with Burnout Finisher

In this 25-minute bodyweight-only routine, you will complete the main HIIT circuit twice before concluding the workout with a two-minute all-out effort cardio finisher. As is the goal with all high intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts, aim for maximum effort during each working interval for a quick heartrate spike. The rest intervals are half as long as the work intervals for a two-to-one work-to-rest ratio, meaning you won’t have enough time for a sufficient recovery between efforts. The combination of limited rest and short bouts of intense work lends itself to several fitness (and mental) benefits (hurray for increased aerobic capacity!). Use your short recoveries to gain control of your breath — practice deep, forceful inhalations and exhalations of an even duration. Refocus your intentions and dive into the next work interval!  

In addition to correcting muscle imbalances, my personal trainer has me focusing on lifting heavy (for me weights) and power movements to improve my running speed. Training in complementary workout modalities is amazing! I felt super strong and capable during this workout from all the work I’ve been doing in my personal training sessions. It never ceases to amaze me just how interconnected our various activities and training modalities are to our performance improvements across the board!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this short routine! Let us know how it goes for you below. Did you max out your efforts? Did you opt to stare at me with anger during the scorpion climbers? Did you smile during your bear crawls? I’m just interested!

See you on the screen!

-Tasha