Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight EMOMs with Plank Intermissions

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release is a sweat-filled, total body scorcher:

Bodyweight EMOMs with Plank Intermissions

The EMOM (every minute on the minute) format is a great way to challenge yourself to maintain high efforts throughout each working interval. The workout includes three EMOM circuits of increasing lengths/rounds. You will complete a goal number of reps for two exercises during each EMOM, aiming to finish your reps in a minute’s time before the next minute begins. Your rest is determined by how quickly (and safely) you finish your reps! Your work begins again at the top of each minute. Each EMOM contains a cardio/plyometric exercise paired with a strength move for a HIIT (high intensity interval training) experience.

As the title states, you will be in plank position during the intermissions. If you have wrist and/or shoulder concerns, feel free to swap out these prone position moves for standing or supine (face up) core exercises. Use these intermissions as active recoveries between the EMOM circuits!

I guide us through an increasing number of goal reps with each subsequent round for the first exercise in each EMOM pair. I love climbing reps during EMOMs! The rep climb makes me work at a consistently hard effort throughout the entire circuit and allows my mind and body to adjust to the high demands of the interval without conking out early. If you’re ready to go full throttle from the first round, don’t wait for me! Aim for whatever rep count challenges you each round.

This workout was so much fun and so fulfilling for me! Note that this is a level 5 workout, but please don’t let that deter you from giving it a try. Use modifications, lessen the goal reps, take extra breaks — make it work for you! Just know that most of what I demonstrate and describe on-screen is for a level 5 routine.

Let us know how it goes! Were you able to climb the ladder of reps with me?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha