Returning to exercise after disability, dealing with ~feelings~

I've been a fan of FB for years now and keep coming back to their wonderful programs. Last year I developed chronic tendinitis from poor standing/walking habits exacerbated by my retail job (seriously America, why do we demand retail workers stand still at registers for hours a day?) and dropped most of my other exercise efforts to focus on physical therapy. I enjoyed the effort but was also aware that this wasn't a replacement for consistent and comprehensive fitness.

I'm doing better these days, thanks to the PT and the fact that my work now allows me to have a stool so I don't have to stress my joints nearly as much. On the flip side, this means my life is far more sedentary than it was, and I'm out of shape. I can tell I've lost strength and I suspect some of my troubles feeling truly restored after sleep come from my poor physical condition as well.

I saw the 8-week FB Reboot and new I had to check it out. I started day 1 yesterday and was surprised at how much a "cobweb shakeout" workout actually kicked my butt, even with things like doing pushups against the wall and taking short breaks during the planks. I'm sore enough today that it was hard to prop myself up in bed this morning!

I'm glad that throughout the video Tasha keeps offering assurance that we're OK wherever we are with the exercises. I really needed that. I hope I'll be able to gently work back up to a more consistent workout routine, whatever that looks like. And of course, taking care of the knees!

Anyone else go through this journey of resuming exercise in the midst of/aftermath of disability or chronic pain?