Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Video! Active Work Break Yoga

Looking for a rejuvenating movement practice that can fit in your lunch break perfectly? Or maybe you’re looking for a playful way to get yourself moving before diving into a more intense workout? Or maybe you’ve got too much energy at the end of the day and just need a quick way to flow it all out before hitting the hay? Whatever your reasoning is, this all-levels intuitive movement practice will leave you feeling reconnected and more at peace with your body, breath + mind!

Active Work-Break Vinyasa Yoga 

I had a TON of fun creating and leading this practice, and I hope you experience just as much joy moving with me! While I have led evening wind-down, morning wake-up, and mid-day break inspired practices before, this movement practice in particular is the most authentic expression and example of what the beginning and end of most of my days look like. As someone with usually too much directionless energy in the evenings, and as someone that struggles to wake up in the mornings (Night Owl problems) I have found that the same tool (used with different intentions) is my key to getting a restful night sleep, and starting my days off on the right foot: my tool is play. 

Play, for me, is moving intuitively. It doesn’t usually involve a structured set of movements or even postures that have a designated name and technique. Moving intuitively for me, usually looks like moving my body in ways that not only feel great, but don’t typically fall under a specific shape name or movement category. Of course, I will often incorporate yoga postures into my intuitive movement practices, but often what you see in the beginning of this video is the majority of how I start and end my days, with yogic movements sprinkled throughout. 

With all of that being said, while I would love to eventually film an intuitive movement practice from start to finish, I figured I would gently introduce this form of flow in this practice! I often find when I throw students into this with little to no guidance, it can be hard for them to escape their thinking minds, usually consumed with thoughts trying to figure out what they should or should not do. However, intuitive movement is about dropping out of the mind and into the body (again, much easier said than done), and moving from a place of authenticity; it is a felt experience, rather than a thought-out one. There is no right or wrong. 

So for this practice, we begin with the opportunity to move exactly how you want to move. From there, I will slowly guide you through a series of foundational yoga postures intended to help you realign your posture, and find release throughout your back, neck + shoulders. Throughout the practice we take a couple different moments to close the eyes and tune into our breath, making mental notes of how our energy, physical and mental/emotional states may have changed with our movements. My intention is to leave you feeling rooted, light, and fully present for whatever will come next in your day. 

I hope that you enjoy this practice and that you find a sense of child-like play and joy from it! Let me know in the comments below if this is something you would like to see more of! 

I hope to see you on the mat again, soon! 

Marina