Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Lower Body Strength with Tempo Training

Good morning FB Family!

Although strength training is the focus of today’s workout release, there is a sprinkle of cardio throughout the routine to provide a little extra challenge for the lower body muscles:

Lower Body Strength and Cardio With Eccentric Tempo Training

You will use a tempo training format for each strength exercise, engaging in the eccentric (muscle lengthening) phase of the exercise for three counts and quickly pressing through the concentric (muscle shortening) phase on a single count. Eccentric phase training has many benefits, including improved technique. Treat the cardio rounds as a moderate cardio spike – there’s no need to put forth an all-out intensity! Focus on filling each 20–second cardio interval with consistent movement that won’t exhaust your muscles for the strength exercises.  

I love workouts like this because they’re challenging enough to make your muscles feel “worked,” but you don’t feel too fatigued to complete your next workout session. Using my heavy (for me) weights helped me zero in on the target muscles for each exercise and think about how I could tweak my form to improve their engagement. I hope this workout helps you do the same!

Enjoy and let us know how this workout goes for you. Did you challenge your weight selections? Do you enjoy mixing in a little cardio with your weightlifting?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha