Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Cardio Kickboxing with Upper Body Strength

Good morning FB Family!

In the mood for throwing a few punches and kicks? Want to challenge yourself with a few upper body strength circuits as well? Today’s workout release combines all these elements into one fun-filled routine:

Cardio Kickboxing with Upper Body Strength

Punch, kick, and lift your way through three kickboxing segments and three upper body strength circuits with a short push-ups/core finisher. The kickboxing combos are relatively short so that you can focus on continuous movement. The strength circuits contain two unliteral (one arm at a time) exercises that precede a two-armed version of these moves to fatigue the working muscle groups in a short amount of time. The alternating energy demands of cardio and strength will keep your heartrate elevated and challenge your mind to quickly shift gears between circuits, thus providing a workout for your brain as well!

I was super excited and a little nervous to film this routine, because I don’t teach kickboxing nearly as much as I used to when I was a group fitness instructor teaching in-person classes. My motto when trying out a new exercise, upping my weights, or pushing the speed on my sprints is “let’s just see what happens.” Honestly, this is my motto for pretty much any new or unfamiliar situation, haha. If you’re just getting back into kickboxing and worried about mastering the combos, just focus on moving your body (safely) and enjoying yourself! Your movement doesn’t have to be “perfect.” In the video, I hesitate and stumble a few times trying to remember the sequencing of each combo, but I just keep moving and reset my focus.   

I hope you enjoy this workout and finish feeling accomplished and strong! I’m curious - if you listen to music while you workout, what kind of music are you pairing with this workout?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha