Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Quick Upper Body Strength Finisher

Good morning FB Family!

Have fun flexing after this short but efficient upper body strength routine:

Upper Body AMRAPs Finisher

Created as an add-on routine, this workout also works well as a standalone routine for days when you’re short on time (or energy). The AMRAP format (as many rounds as possible) allows you to determine just how much you want to push yourself. The AMRAPs (there are two) contain two upper body moves. You will continuously alternate between these two moves, completing six reps of each for as many rounds as you can in three minutes. Challenge your weight selections, push the pace, and/or opt to complete the optional transition moves between the two exercises of each AMRAP to increase the intensity level of the workout.

I used this workout as a finisher to another workout I filmed right beforehand. Hence the many grimaces during the biceps curls, haha. Finishers should feel challenging! They are essentially meant to empty your gas tank and fatigue your muscles (safely). This muscle breakdown is essential for increased strength and muscle growth (just make sure you rest accordingly to go through the restoration process to repair the muscle breakdown). My muscles were “toasty” the following morning when I went to my personal training session but I had a wonderful muscle pump going for a few days. I missed out on some good photo ops.    

Enjoy this quick routine! Let us know it goes. Did you include the optional transition moves? Did you add this routine onto another workout?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha