Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Work! + “Me-time” Accountability buddies today?

Hello FB Family!

How is everyone doing this week? Any fun new workouts, recipes or meditations you’ve been enjoying this week?

Today I’m finishing up a new upcoming 4 week program (details coming soon) and editing a new workout I just filmed - it’s a bodyweight cardio walking workout, with core focused groups of intervals in between. It was a lot of fun - it’s got a lot of new core exercises in it and it left me nicely sore (just the right amount!) for a few days. This one was a direct request from our Community members; thanks to Mira H who made a big list of requests and then all of you who voted for this particular workout theme, under her comment! You all keep the requests coming and we’ll keep the new workouts coming - deal? This workout will probably be published in early February, watch for that!

So today all of my work will have me seated. All. Day. Long. I’m planning on treating myself to some Pilates and/or lifting - depending on energy levels at that point, on my lunch break today. A bit of movement will help keep my brain in the game for the rest of the day, and my physical body feeling good. As someone who can sometimes struggle with hyperfocus, it can be difficult to pull away from a project I’m really engaged with, but I know taking care of myself - even or especially during those hectic times, is so crucial to sustainability and longterm health.

All this to say, if you think that your day is too full to take just 10-20 minutes for yourself and your own needs, maybe reconsider. It can look any way you need it to; just carve out some space for yourself today. In fact, do you want to be accountability buddies on this? Maybe you can help me follow through on my plan; I will come back here later in the day after completing my short “me time” of a workout today at lunch. Feel free to do the same and share how you carved out space for yourself today. Or, don’t share it with anyone, just benefit from it (I think it works just as well that way 😁).

Wishing you patience, self compassion, and a good day!

Kelli