FB I'm back! Hip Surgery Before and After

I have been an OG blender off and on now for over a decade. Somewhere an old computer in storage has my old pdf programs still saved lol. I adore Kelli and Daniel and have sung their praises since discovering them. I've been here through the app days and the launch of the improved website etc. But holy cow has a lot changed with FB since I've been gone over the last two years.

Story time:

After getting into great shape during the first year of the pandemic with several FB programs, I found out that I needed major hip surgery in early summer of 2021. I ended up having a PAO surgery (they cut your hip apart in several spots rotate it and pin it all back together to correct hip dysplasia) along with labrum repair. This was followed by no weight bearing in my hip for 8 weeks. Needless to say my toned legs turned into tiny matchsticks and shockingly quickly at that. However, my arms, shoulders and back got ripped from crutching everywhere, city living without a car.

Full recovery from a PAO on average is an entire year. You literally have to learn how to walk again. Who knew that simple 5 minutes of walking could cause serous muscle aches like a level 5 strength and HIIT leg day? Lol. So, I was doing PT into 2022. Between that and burning so many calories growing new bone I ended up with the best body I've ever had. I even had abs impressive enough that many people said things about them this summer at San Diego Comic Con. :-P (see photo of confused me after one comment)

Then admittedly I got lazy as I returned to full time work at the end of last summer, for the first time since the pandemic started. Granted I have a physically demanding job working in live theater and it also involves a 6 mile roundtrip kick scooter ride away so I was getting some exercise even if it wasn't specific workouts. However, I had about a month off between shows over the holidays and I realized I need to get back to actual workouts.

So here I am almost 2 years later and decided to take advantage of the 30% sale and join FB Plus. Did the first day of the 2 week pilates program. Got a little overwhelmed with all of the new program choices but figured I better start off slow since it's been so long since I did a FB workout. The last program I fully completed was one of the 8 week FB Fits and had started an abs/booty combo before surgery, so you know I had been going hard lol.

Anyways, long story long, I just wanted to share that I'm excited to be back and check out some of this new content. If any of you have any suggestions/ recommendations which programs or specific videos you like best (weight lifting and pilates are my favs) please share so I can start to hit those first.

Thank you for sticking to the end of my post if you made it this far :) and thank you ahead of time for any suggestions.

*Pics of my hip surgery journey: from getting ripped arms from crutching for 8 weeks to getting stopped in the street cosplaying with a "Holy Crap! Look at your abs!" from a stranger lol