HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group January 16th

Hello Blendfriends, welcome to the start of another week! Thought I'd start us off with sharing this bit of wisdom:

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." (Emo Philips)

I work out first thing in the morning, and I often check my calendar the night before so I'm mentally prepared for the workout I'll be doing the next morning. Yesterday I went to my workout room convinced I was going to do upper-body strength, but I was a bit surprised to see that it was cardio kickboxing and upper-body strength. I'm not much for cardio generally, but kickboxing is all right, so I decided to go with the flow and enjoyed it, even worked up a bit of a sweat. I wonder, do you check out your workouts ahead of time? Do you like to freestyle, filling up your weeks with self-curated goodness? I love a program, the way they take the guesswork out of my mornings and let me just get to it. Which is good, because on Mondays I need to get done and get going, it's one of my in-office days. Though today I'll be taking a rest day, as I slept very badly and am getting up late. Good thing I got in a second workout yesterday from a long walk in the snow 😁 It was so brilliant and beautiful! Lucky for me, we're in for a few days of sunshine. One of the things I've always loved about my city is the bright winter days with the sun on the snow (picture below). I spent five years of my life in a very cloudy climate, and I know not to take sunny days for granted.

So, speaking of get going, I'd better do that... I need to head out to the office, now. I'll take a cue from the weather and wish you all a brilliant day.