Perspiration Pals 28 December 2022

Hello Pals! It’s me again. I hope our two birthday Pals had a nice time yesterday and the day before yesterday. It’s gonna be a nice, nice, sunshiny day here which is not what I want now but I’ll settle for this if the other option is rain.

All right, let’s get on with the thread. In medias res. Have you ever wondered why birds never fall off their perches/random branches when sleeping? I’ll tell you. (I mean someone wrote it down and read it and now I’m telling you.) Birds have a nifty tendon arrangement in their legs. The flexor tendon from the muscle in the thigh reaches down over the knee, continues down the leg, around the ankle, and then under the toes. This arrangement means that, at rest, the bird’s body weight causes the bird to bend its knee and pull the tendon tight, so closing the claws. Also, have you ever wondered why Antarctic penguins’ feet don’t freeze in winter? Can you make an educated guess? Or perhaps an uneducated one? Don’t be shy, I’m 47 but simple questions asked by 5-year-olds would make me flabbergasted. Fortunately, I don’t meet a lot of five-year-olds.

Anyway, I did my first Brian routine although I tried to be careful because I didn’t want my shoulder to flare up. It was only a 25-minute routine but it was really good. It made me sweat and feel alive. Since I didn’t wash my hair afterwards I have no idea if my shoulder would’ve managed to behave but I don’t want to experiment yet.

In other news, dear reader, on this very day last year it snowed! I want snow! Okay? Snow. Not mild early spring weather. I do hope the universe won’t take revenge for my whinging by pushing me into a situation in the far and/or near future where I have to, I don’t know, survive in sub-zero temperatures in the snow or where I have to outrun an avalanche or something. Although come to think of it, the universe knows perfectly well that the chances of me going on an adventure involving snow are astronomical.

All right, enough of my musings and short stories, see you later, Pals.

Edited