Weekend Check-In: Saturday, Dec 24th

Hello my dearest ladies,

Twas the day before Christmas.....

Yep, indeed it is, and as per tradition here in my family, that means we're opening the present tonight. But before we get to that, I've still got a hell of a lot to do. But first things first, business of the day.

Workouts... Have you got anything scheduled or are you going to use the surprise me button? Maybe a match or beat with Tasha, or some pretzel curlings with Kayla or a nice flow with Marina. Take your pick, I'm sure you'll find something out of those 993 video's. Or maybe you're doing like me and take a day off from workouts. And you heard right, not a rest day but a day off. Because I'm still having a sort of workout, which consist of running around my kitchen to prep the food.

What a great transition to dinner... πŸ˜‰

What's happening on that front? As said I'm running around to get everything ready. Luckily hubs is in charge of the main meal and my task is the sponge cakes. Apparantly we're having 'stoofvlees' (sorry Karen, you'll have to google that one😁) with simmered chicory ( a cold one with apple for me) and mashed potatoes. For starters something with prawns. Hopefully my sponge cakes will turn out all right and we'll have a nice dessert. One chocolate sponge with cherries and mascarpone cream, and one vanille sponge with mixed fruit and whipped cream. Cross your fingers please that it'll all turn out well?

As it's almost Christmas, my question is naturally Christmas related. As I already said, today is present evening for us. Ever since I was little, I've opened presents on Christmas Eve. I remember being super excited, horribly curious as to what I would get and driving my parents crazy with asking every 10 minutes if it was time already to open them. Unfortunately, I first had to sit down and have a whole meal before I could finally tear in those presents. I've kept the tradition alive with my own family, only my hubs has never had the same tradition at home when he was younger. To him Christmas is just a normal day and getting him excited about presents is hard work. Hence the fact that I'm buying my own presents, wrap them and put them under the tree. The only real surprise presents are the ones we get from and for Yuna. But that doesn't make it any less fun. It would be even better if my eldest were here too, but that's just life....

So, the question is: If you celebrate Christmas, do you do this in the same way as you were a child, or are you celebrating totally different? Did you make a new tradition? Or maybe you're not celebrating at all, that's also possible and totally fine.

As always, please feel free to skip the question and just tell me about your day. I'll be greedily coming back in between my kitchen disasters to check out what you've been writing.

Finally the picture: just a collage of my Chistmassy interior.

Have a great day everyone!!πŸ₯°