Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free 5-Day Challenge - Day 5: Lower Body Strength Training with Amanda

Hi FB Fam!

Happy New Year! I definitely sound like a broken record, but where did 2022 go? It went by in the blink of an eye for me. That said, I hope you are ready for my newest routine!

Day 5: Lower Body Strength Training with Amanda

This lower body strength workout is 42 minutes long and complete with a Pilates core finisher, a warm-up, and a cool-down. The two lower body strength sections are 9 minutes each, separated by water breaks. Each lower body section has five exercises that we will repeat twice. After targeting all the major muscle groups in our lower body, we move onto the Pilates core finisher before cooling down with lower body stretches. Remember to choose weights that are heavy enough to be challenging but not so heavy that you cannot move through a full range of motion with proper form and technique. 

I am still currently visiting family for the holidays. We got super lucky with no flight delays or cancellations, despite all the crazy cold weather this past week. Where my family lives in Ohio, it was 1ºF (-17º C) the evening I arrived. This time last year, it was 66ºF (19º C). Quite the difference! Living in SoCal has spoiled me because I have not felt weather that cold since living in NYC. 

Wherever you are, and regardless of the temperature (lol), I wish you and your family a happy holiday season. All the best with whatever you aspire to be or whatever you want to accomplish in 2023 - I am rooting for you! 

I hope you enjoyed this workout! Thanks for working out with me.

-Amanda