HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 22nd

Hello everyone.

”I will no longer compare my path to others. I refuse to do a disservice to my life.” - Rupi Kaur

I had plans for today, but because of a bad night's sleep + tractor brain, I need to take it easy instead. I've done quite a few social things the last 3 weeks, and now the holidays are coming up. I feel like I'm on my max capacity since yesterday. So socializing today is too much, even though I was looking forward to it. Cancelling plans doesn't feel good because I don't want to disappoint/incovenience the other person, but in this case, pushing through won't help. I won't be better company if I feel depleted, and the other person will understand I'm doing this with the right intentions.

Sharing this as it fits today's quote. I can't help it if I feel overwhelmed and exhausted. Sometimes this just happens. And comparing this to people who are overwhelmed less quickly won't help me. Other people don't have my brain. I do. So I will try to take care of myself today by taking it easy, "filling my cup", so I'll feel more rested soon.

How full is your cup at the moment? If it's empty or nearly empty, can you think of something that might help you feel more balanced? (A basket of kittens or puppies to pet is probably not an option, but maybe there is something...!)

Now on to the subject of exercise, are you planning to workout today or go outside? I won't be doing a FB workout today as I did two yesterday (196 done, still 4 to go to reach my goal of 200 FB videos!). And if you didn't notice yet, I'm tired. 😏 So I'll try to get some fresh air and do… surprise… some restorative yoga.

Ok, that was my story for today. Wishing everyone a balanced Thursday. Especially as it's close to the holidays, try to wind down if you can. Even 5 or 10 minutes can make a difference. I like to lie down on my stomach on my yoga mat for a while, it feels comforting.

PS No picture today as I didn't have any inspiration...

Edited