Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free 5 Day Challenge - Day 2: Upper Body Supersets with Cardio Bursts withTasha

Good morning FB Family!

In today’s workout release you will work your way through three upper body strength supersets with three cardio burst intermissions:

Day 2: Upper Body Supersets with Cardio Bursts with Tasha

The two exercises in each superset are straightforward upper body moves with a bit of a twist: The first exercise in each set focuses on both a unilateral and bilateral flow whereas the second exercise is a combination of three variations of one move. Challenging your muscles in different ways also triggers your brain to pay closer attention to the mind-muscle connection and recognize inefficiencies in movement patterns.

Increase your heartrate during the cardio intermissions but make sure to treat these circuits as short cardio challenges rather than all-out intense anaerobic efforts. Focus on consistent, moderate-paced movement to ensure that these cardio rounds supplement rather than undermine the supersets, which are the main focus of this primarily strength-focused workout.

Make sure to read the write-up for a few wrist-friendly alternatives for plank/prone position exercises and note that although this workout is rated as a level 3, your weight selections and intensity of effort could increase your perceived rating.

I’ll admit, upper body-focused workouts have not always been a favorite of mine; however, I’ve grown to love them over the past few years due to the improvements I’ve seen in my posture and overall training performance. If you don’t have a natural affinity for upper body work, hopefully you’re starting to feel the same way, too!

Enjoy this workout and feel free to comment below with your own journey towards loving upper body strength days.

See you on the screen!

Tasha