Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Eating healthy during the Christmas Season

I am sure I am not the only one who struggles with this at this time of year :) Firstly, I tend to make/cook a lot of stuff for people in the lead up to Christmas, so there is the inevitable taste testing of the macadamia cookies, anzacs, lemon butter, caramelised onion relish (a particularly good batch this year, though I say so myself!) and of course we have to do a trial run of the Christmas pudding, just to make sure the recipe is good :) Then there are all the presents from clients and reps at work - in the past two weeks we have been given two lots of doughnuts, cupcakes, at least half a dozen boxes of various chocolates, and a home made carrot cake. All very lovely and tasty, but there are only 8 of us in the clinic and we struggle to get through it all! Thank goodness for fitness blender or I am sure I would be ballooning alarmingly by this point.

How does everyone else deal with food overload at Christmas? do you try and stick to a healthy eating plan, or do you just let it slide for a few weeks and get back into healthy eating in the new year?