HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 8th

Hello everyone.

"I am patient with myself and others, we are all doing our best."

Another affirmation I came across in a yoga video. I try to remind myself of this since I tend to have a bit of a temper sometimes.

Writing this with my chin covered in drying lotion, since I suddenly developed a small bout of acne. For some reason this lotion doesn't really work, yet I keep trying in case these pimples (Hautunreinheiten, as the Germans call them) all of a sudden realize: "Hey, this stuff is no fun! Let's disappear asap, so Lara can last a bit longer with one tube of concealer [even though she just got one with a hefty discount]!" 🤦‍♀️

Exercise this week has so far been yogayogayoga and cycling, since my blisters needed to heal. I will attempt a LB strength today. Hoping for a good sweaty workout (need to wash my hair anyway). I also did a 70-min yin yoga focused on hormonal imbalance/adrenal fatigue last night, since that's probably where the pimples are coming from. I also felt very panicky yesterday trying to make Apfelstrudel mit Vanillesoße for my mom. (I make it usually once a year and it's one of her favorites so I put pressure on myself to not screw it up.) So I think that long class was beneficial. See picture for the result of my cooking. The strudel was easy; I used ready-made puff pastry. But making crème anglaise always makes me nervous. Imho, the best combination is warm strudel with cold crème anglaise. And lots of crème anglaise.

Ok, that was my monologue for today. What are your plans for this Thursday? Any fancy plans for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Everyone is very welcome to share here!

Wishing you a not-too-rainy day. 😌