Perspiration Pals 8 December 2022

Hello Pals! How are you today? Let’s have a look at yesterday’s questions first because I have the feeling that you simply can’t wait to find out why people stick out their tongues while doing some tricky job. Well, when you need to concentrate on something, say a word problem, you are using the hemisphere of the brain also used for processing motor input. By biting your lip or sticking your tongue out, you are suspending motor activity and also keeping your head rigid, to minimise movement, and hence interference. The answer to the other question about helium and squeaky voices is a bit longer and I didn’t want to bore you with another nerdy short story.

The temperature is a bit like a roller coaster here. A friend of mine had surgery two months ago and she says she could always feel changes in the weather. Do you have a weather forecasting scar? This might perhaps be a rather personal question so feel free to ignore me and tell me about this new 3-day challenge instead. I have the feeling that I might have to slow down a bit to let my shoulder heal…

It’s Pretend to Be a Time Traveller Day. Last year I did. Do you remember? Of course you don’t, it was last year. You could travel back in time to read it again, though. Just saying.

All right, Pals, have a nice sunshiny day, if that’s what you want, that is, I mean there are place where it’s dark for months in winter yet people who live there don’t seem to mind. Would you?