Perspiration Pals 7 December 2022

Hello Pals! How are you? It’s a rather cold day here but I ever since I’ve turned into a radiator I don’t really mind. Besides it’s winter and it’s sunny. It was Saint Nicholas day yesterday which always brings back nice memories. Children clean their boots and on 6 December Saint Nicholas (who, here at least, looks very much like Santa/Father Christmas) fills them with sweets and/or small toys. Once Saint Nicholas brought me a small toy ET. (Not that there’s a real ET. Or if there is, I don’t think I could carry it around in my pocket) I used to love ET as a child and I loved my little toy ET. Other times I got a colouring book or some nice felt tip pens. My brother would wake up really early to sneak out of our room to check if Saint Nicholas had paid a visit. Anyway, I got a chocolate St Nicolas from a colleague yesterday which would’ve been today’s picture but since the brand is visible, I had second thoughts... Oh, and I also got a euro coin. That’s important.

Back from memory lane and talking about winter, I found some interesting facts in a book entitled Why Don’t Penguins’ Feet Freeze. For example, why do you think people stick their tongue out and clamp it between their teeth when doing a tricky job? Or why does speaking through helium raise the frequency of the sounds emitted? If you don’t know the answers, don’t worry, they’ll be in tomorrow’s post.

I did Day 9 of FB Complete and my shoulder wasn’t exactly sore but I can’t really push myself when I keep anticipating pain…

I have to get back to work now, have an easy day, eat an orange and go to bed in time.