Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout! Single Dumbbell Strength EMOMs

Good morning FB!

Grab a dumbbell, and let's get it with this strength EMOM!

Single Dumbbell EMOMs: Strength and Power Workout

So this EMOM (every minute on the minute) will challenge you to complete each exercise with good form for a set amount of reps or time. The remaining time is your time to recover. I love to work with EMOMs, especially if I am getting ready for a tournament. It is a perfect way to quickly get a good mix of strength and cardio, as you will see with this EMOM. Another benefit I enjoy with EMOMs are they demand intense effort in a certain amount of time. This will make you push yourself a little more, but don't worry. I will give recommendations of rep changes you can make during this workout to ensure you get the most out of this workout.

With this EMOM, I wanted to explore a few movements, including the 1/2 kneeling position exercises, 1/2 kneeling push press, and 1/2 kneeling chop. Is this a new position for you? The 1/2 kneeling position is a great way to target stability in our trunk and hips and activate our glutes and core. We will also work with two power exercises, including the dumbbell cleans and snatches! I love these exercises and have used them for years in my training.

Ready to go FB? Let's grab that dumbbell and press play! 

Enjoy the workout!

- Brian