Pilates

So, this weekend I got a wild hair and went to a free intro Pilates course to see if I wanted to add 1-2 sessions a week in addition to my regular FB workout routine. The good news is, I loved the course, but the bad news is how much money they were asking for membership. It was insane!! It reminded me of how many amazing FB pilates workouts I can access for free, or with Plus for a fraction of the price.

Not knocking Pilates gyms at all, because they are pretty amazing, but if you don't make a ton of money it is just not reasonable to pay that much for something you only do 1-2x per week. Even if I paid for unlimited courses and did that 4-5x per week to get my money's worth, I am not that much of a pilates nut that I would exclusively do those workouts. FB has ruined me on strength training, HIIT, and all the other amazing kinds of training we do here on this site. Maybe I could do a drop-in class once in a while, or invest in my own pilates machine if I was really serious about it.

Anyway, just wanted to voice my appreciation again for FB and making fitness accessible on a budget. Every time I try out new gyms (cycling, climbing, etc), even though they're fun, I am slapped in the face with the crazy prices and remind myself that I can get in great shape at home with just a mat and a set of weights.

Okay, speech is over :)