Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

An Update & Random Musings

Dearest Blenders,

How is your weekend treating you? Are you in the midst of holiday preparations or burying your head until the week of (not that I would know anything about that)? Most importantly, how is your mental health holding up during this reflective time of year?

As some of you may know, I went back to school in June and have spent the past six months trying to juggle all the things. It's been a great test to my organization and time management skills, but I'm loving every second of it! Our graduation is held in June, and we have been invited to a black-tie gala to celebrate. I'm a sucker for anything satin and sparkly, so you already know that I have my eye on a few gowns!

So in next few months, I will be putting forth some serious effort in the gym and kitchen. Like many of you have experienced, preparing for an event (childbirth, wedding, honeymoon, competition, etc.) requires consistency and goal setting, which are two things that I lack when it comes to physical wellness. Therefore, I'll be sharing some of my thoughts and personal workouts along the way to hold myself accountable and connect with your similar experiences!

Today's workout was a 2-in-1 as I also practiced an upcoming free workout that will be released in January (wahoo!). Practicing before I film is now a must-have, and I usually play around with the exercise sequence, circuit formats, or transitions. It seems to make the filming experience smoother, and I have noticed more positive feedback from you as well. Here's a sneak peek of my workout today:

5-Min Warm Up

3-Min Floor Core Circuit

10-Min Weighted Standing Core Circuit

2-Min Lateral HIIT

2-Min Forward/Backward HIIT

Repeat entire workout

5-Min Cool Down

I know that Kelli occasionally films a "Work Out With Me!" freestyle format and would totally consider doing that in the future. What do you think?

Thank you for reading my ramblings and making it to the end of my update. I wish the best for you and your loved ones during this holiday season, and I can't wait to share the exciting programming that we have planned for you!

Kayla

PS - Aren't still frames so fun, LOL