Perspiration Pals 1 December 2022

Hi Pals! And another one bites the dust. This time it was a season. Autumn is over here in the northern hemisphere. November was grey hopeless here and the first day of December is pretty much the same. I’m not complaining, though. I like winter. Anyway, I didn’t have time to catch up with you yesterday so I’ll just give you the short answer to yesterday’s questions first.

So chicken pox: Healing any clean wounds starts with a grown of scaffolding tissue to contain the damage. When the tissues are infected with a virus the pathogens not only interfere with the tissue growth but they attract the leucocytes that can form pus (I hope you’re not having a meal right now). So when left alone healthy leucocytes kill both the pathogens and infected tissue and they cordon off the pustule until everything dries so that the scar tissue can form neatly afterwards. If you scratch it off…. there’s a chickenpox mark on the tip of my nose of all places… In the past when anyone brought it up I said it would make it easier to identify my body. That shuts them up. 😁

So the other ‘short’ answer: Cells in the body are organised in tissues that are held together through a variety of molecular interactions. So they are a bit like a miniature society. We are held together because we interact with one another. (well, partly at least) I’m sure Lynna can explain this a lot better than me.

All right, so today’s question is this: Why is it easy to balance on a moving bike but almost impossible to stay upright when it stops? This reminds me I need to check Fiona in the basement. (Fiona the bike, not a person!)

I managed to get a workout in after work yesterday and I dare say it was really refreshing. And tough. I mean Nicole is a badass. I could hardly keep up with her and she was in her second trimester of pregnancy in the video… I decided to skip the early morning workout today and do it in the evening instead to let my shoulder rest and I think it was a good decision.

Oh, look I’ve written a short story. The End