Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

How to understand CPF ratios better

Hey y'all,

in the FB Abs Round 2 workout program guide, there is a bit of writing about CPF ratios and how, when using that program, you should be aiming for a carb-protein-fat ratio of 60-20-20. Does anyone have recommendations for books or articles to better understand the food I eat and how they fit into this ratio? Sadly I think my understanding of the food I eat is influenced by my upbringing, where I was taught to fear fat. Over the past couple of years I've developed eating habits informed by eating what makes me feel good, but I still have my mom's voice in the back of my head telling me that I eat too much fat. I have gained weight recently, but considering how I feel and how much I exercise, I'm pretty sure that it's healthy fat and/or muscle, but something in the back of my head tells me that if I'm gaining weight that I'm doing something wrong and that I'm not being healthy. I'd also like to find a way to understand what I'm eating that doesn't involve counting calories because I don't want to encourage obsessive thinking about the food that I eat.

TLDR; healthy and toxic thinking regarding food are fighting inside my brain for dominance, and I'm just looking for information on CPR ratios to help put the two to rest.