đź‘»checkin 20-11-22

Hey there again all my lovely blenderbuddiezzz…

Another day with me I am afraid before you will have our lovely Kim back tomorrow! How’s it going over where you are? The weather? Here the weather forecast for today looked appalling, but at the moment it seems ok. Does weather influence your activity for your day? It does for me. I love the outdoors, so a streak of sunshine means I will be out there at some point! Do you feel the need to go outdoors? What does the weather do to you?

Anyway, back to business! What’s on your calendar for today? Mine is empty, bar my morning movers routine, 10 minutes of exercises just to get an old stiff body moving in the morning. My cycle ride didn’t happen yesterday, so it will probably happen today. What workout, if any, are you doing? I know Kristina and Ingeborg are buddying up for a bunch of workouts planned by Kristina. Do you fancy buddying up with them? Or is your calendar full already?

Food: well, what a surprise I know what I am cooking today and planned it last week (yes, I know, completely out of character!!!). We have two friends coming over for a board games night and it’s my turn to cook. I am making a beetroot and celeriac risotto, a recipe from my daughter-in-law. It’s a fair bit of work, risotto always is, but it looks good and tastes delicious! What does your menu look like? Experimenting? Comfort food? Yesterday some of you were doing soups. I loooove soups! Any recipes you want to share, soup or otherwise?

Photo today: a moment I really enjoyed about 7 weeks ago. (I only got the photo yesterday). I was a teacher again giving a talk to a group of 120 8 and 9 year olds! And I realised… I have missed this!!! What fun to see kids so focussed and willing to participate! Mind you, teaching in secondary school can be quite a different kettle of fish. And it’s so tiring, plus I couldn’t hear what the kids said… so I am actually happy to have left it all behind me and enjoy what I do now. Do you have a photo of something that you really enjoyed?

Right, over to you once more my lovely blenderbuddiezzz… see you later. Looking forward to whatever it is you are going to reply.

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***