Perspiration Pals 16 November 2022

Hello Pals! I haven’t seen you in days. I needed to rest my shoulder and it made me sad so I just didn’t check in. Anyway, I did a rather tough lower-body routine with Daniel this morning. Morning…. is it morning when it’s dark outside? I hardly think so. I can sort of feel my shoulder but it doesn’t hurt if you know what I mean. It’s odd. But enough of my body parts. How are you? What’s on schedule for today?

I’m really busy today and since inspiration never struck me regarding today’s topic, I’m going to be a bit short. Sorry about that. By the way, the word inspiration comes from c. 1300, "immediate influence of God or a god," especially that under which the holy books were written, from Old French inspiracion "inhaling, breathing in; inspiration" (13 c.) I kept inhaling, breathing in but alas, only air. Which is good because we all know important it is to keep our lungs open. All right so let’s have a look at some words a bit closer to home. Did you know that the word ‘exercise’ comes from the mid-14c., "condition of being in active operation; practice for the sake of training," from Old French exercice (13c.)

And here’s little pop quiz: Do you remember where the word ‘dumbbell’ comes from? If you can answer this question without looking it up, you get a medal.

Did you know that it’s International Day For Tolerance? At least we have a day for it…

All right, Pals, be good if you can, see you later.